Saturday, January 15, 2011

So much for Sattvic!

The late great judge William Strong, nominated by the wonderful Yankee, Ulysses S. Grant, had a fantastic saying about failure. "The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything - and it works."
Last week, as you know, I failed in my Sattvic journey by drinking two cups of coffee and though it seemed like a huge blunder, this week has definitely taken a complete nose-dive for the worst. Thursday night after a great Heated Power Yoga class, I met with a friend at my beloved Sidetracks Bar & Grill. While there, I felt so overwhelmed by hunger I completely forgot about my Sattvic Diet! I ordered and devoured, what else? Their brand new dish, The Yankee Pot Roast. Jeepers.
If that wasn't bad enough, last night I had a mini-reunion with some college friends. One of them ordered Hot Chicken Wings. The mere apple I ate for dinner didn't seem to suffice--as soon as the chicken was placed at the table before me, the aroma of the hot sauce enveloped me.
It wasn't even until this morning, in one of those slap-your-forehead moment-of-clarity moments that I remembered I wasn't supposed to be eating meat. Ay yai yai.
Good thing today is a new day. I will continue to try the Sattvic way and make Judge Strong proud.

If you, too, are having difficulties: remember, STAY STRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment