Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Embrace Uncertainty

Yesterday Ann Arbor was hit very hard with a crazy snow storm.

There were cars on the sides of the roads, flashing red and blue lights, beautiful snowflakes all twirling into one another. Each and every one was absolutely different and spectacular. I still had my Heated Power Yoga class and I'm so happy I did! When I first started Take Five Yoga I thought for sure all of my classes would be packed and when they weren't I was a bit disappointed.

After last night, however, I realized I'm exactly where I should be. It's only week 2 and I still had a class to teach because even in the snowstorm I had a student who drove all the way over to my teeny-tiny studio. One of my two Yoga gurus, Stephanie Keach, wrote to me this morning from Asheville, North Carolina. She dropped me a quick e-mail with only three lines that were just enough. The last line was: "Tiny is big."

2010 was a year where nothing went as planned in my life. 2011 has already taught me so many life-lessons I will cherish forever. Mainly, I think it's important to embrace uncertainty. Who knows what can happen in the next hour, day, week or year? We have absolutely no control over most things in our lives. We may as well just surrender and go with the flow in the meantime.

Crazy snowstorm? I say, hit the slopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment