Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mad About Meditation!


The latest issue of Om Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine has a great article about the wonders of meditation. Since I've been waking up at 4:30am to lead Guided Meditation classes at 5:30AM every morning this week, I've definitely felt a significant shift in my level of clarity. Needless to say, I'm mad about meditation and I'm happy to share the following excerpt from the aforementioned article:

Scientists at the University of Oregon discovered just eleven hours of learning a meditation technique can induce positive structural changes in brain connectivity.

"The importance of our findings relates to the ability to make structural changes in a brain network related to self-regulation," said University of Oregon psychologist Dr. Michael Posner.

The study focused on a meditation technique known as Integrative Body Mind Training (IBMT). Based on ancient Chinese medicine, IBMT combines posture, mental imagery and body relaxation and breathing techniques.

So, exactly what are you waiting for? It's a brand new year, begin your brand new day tomorrow morning by joining me for an hour of Guided Meditation! I'll have your cushion ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment