Monday, March 7, 2011

Eating to Live: food log, day 1

Namaste Everyone!
I've discovered my latest love in the world of food is Almond Butter. Holy cow, (comin' from a Hindu this expression should be taken extra seriously) this stuff is delicious!

I thought Day One of my "Eat to Live" challenge would be extremely difficult. I am not addicted to much in life, but my three vices are definitely: salt, coffee and laughter... maybe not in that order... with the first two completely forbidden for this week I thought I might die. OK, so maybe not DIE, but at least I thought I might start to wilt a little. Thankfully, with the help of my favorite bakery, Ann Arbor's own, Zingerman's Bakehouse, I was able to indulge in delicious Italian Rustic bread with a generous spread of Almond Butter. Topped with slices of banana... Mmmm Mmm! I think I could eat like this everyday.
My other two meals were pretty simple as well: for breakfast I had a bowl of Greek Yogurt with a handful of raspberries and for lunch I had a bowl of whole-wheat cereal with Greek Yogurt... I know, I know, I'm so daring.
For snacks I ate one apple, one clementine and a banana (separate from the one I had with my bread).

I accidentally fell asleep in the sauna for about 45 minutes so I drank about a gallon & half of water... speaking of which... nature calls!
Cheers,
Roshani

No comments:

Post a Comment